Official Swim Team uniform suits and speedos are available for purchase through Swim Things on 40 Hwy (ask to be shown Lasers or Cruisers uniforms). Swimmers are encouraged to wear these at meets, but not required. For practices, they can either wear their uniform or wear another athletic suit or speedo.
Invest in multiple pairs of goggles for the season, put your name on them if possible! Always bring a back-up pair at meets. Costco sells great ones every season; try to buy quality ones because they will last longer and are well-used.
Personal preferences; can increase speed and can protect hair from chlorine. Tip: spray your child’s hair before the pool with a spray bottle mix of water/conditioner, to help protect from chemicals.
For practice, one towel. For evening Swim Meets, pack multiple towels – they get drenched, and it can get very chilly in the dark. Bring hoodies/sweatshirts for evening meets as well!
Family Supplies for Meets:
- Wagons - arrive in style with all your gear, it could be a long walk from your parking spot!
- Tents - families routinely setup tents in the hot sun
- Chairs/Blankets - bring what you need to spread out in the grass for the meet
- Coolers - BYO picnic and drinks!
- Food Trucks - there usually is food on hand to purchase if you dont have time to pack!